The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, and WD® brands.
Manage and drive the company’s worldwide litigation strategy including all aspects of litigation and pre-litigation disputes. Lead strategy for high-profile government investigations, inquiries, and disputes. Develop and implement company policies to solve problems and mitigate risks so that company can capitalize on business opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and drive global strategy on litigation, arbitration, and other disputes, including patent defense, patent licensing, corporate, commercial, product liability, insurance, toxic tort, and tax
- Manage and drive global strategy for high-profile government investigations, inquiries and disputes including in the antitrust, securities, and law enforcement arenas
- Serve as a trusted advisor on a wide variety of complex business matters that entail litigation risks and ensure the company successfully navigates those risks
- Provide strategic counseling related to potential and actual disputes
- Create strategies and establish internal practices to mitigate and eliminate litigation risks to the extent possible and to ensure effective responses when these risks materialize
- Oversee the procurement and management of outside counsel in a cost-effective manner
- Contribute to the team responsible for company’s document retention policies and procedures
- Work cross-functionally with IT, other key stakeholders and the business in general to ensure compliance with litigation-related obligations, including document holds, discovery, and responses to subpoenas
- Partner with the Contract Management Team to negotiate and draft dispute resolution provisions in contracts, settlement agreements, and releases
- Advise on company obligations, performance, and remedies under business collaborations, vendor agreements, and other contracts
- Develop and implement strategies that protect the company's intellectual property worldwide and apprise and advise leadership regarding the IP component of company decisions
- Anticipate and articulate intellectual property-related issues, formulate and execute an agreed-upon course of action to address identified issues
- In conjunction with all levels of leadership and process participants, identify areas of organizational risk and mitigation strategies
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a Fortune 500 company in-house legal department and/or an AM Law 100 law firm
- J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and current membership in a state bar
- Experience working in the technology industry and/or a technical degree is a plus
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity.
Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster. Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.