No relocation assistance provided
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the US-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
KIOXIA America Inc., formerly Toshiba Memory America Inc., is looking for a Staff Firmware Quality Assurance Engineer in our San Jose, CA office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing the technical capability in the creation and customization of SSD Firmware tests and test automation framework.
You will also be responsible for providing technical support to implement quality assurance processes necessary to check the firmware consistently and provides the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability, performance, and supportability to insure the products meet or exceed their design and customer targets.
This role reports to the Sr Firmware Manager of SSD Firmware Development Engineering.
- Understand the SSD product requirements.
- Design and develop tests to and verify new features.
- Test firmware features for current SSD products to meet customer requirements including but not limited to: Performance, Endurance, Functionality, Capacity, and Quality.
- Participate and contribute to firmware test automation architecture and design activities.
- Interface and Collaborate with other areas of the SSD product such as hardware and firmware development.
- Proactively provide to Management, cross-functional team members, and the firmware team consistent, detailed, and properly summarized information regarding activities within the quality assurance organization and status of firmware testing projects.
- Help in managing test automation infrastructure.
- Help in debugging test automation issues.
- Write new test scripts and provide test automation scripting support.
- 7+ years' experience in the embedded systems development field
- 4+ years' experience with storage devices
- Experience in programming using C/C++.
- Experience in programming using Python, Bash scripting.
- Understanding of SSDs, Flash Translation Layer, Flash Management Layer.
- Proficiency debugging firmware test applications
- Proficiency in using development tools, e.g. C, C++, GDB, Git, SVN, Python, Bash scripts, FIO, Drive Master, Oakgate, IOMeter etc.
- The ability to analyze test automation issues
- Hands-on experience in SSD firmware test development and system failure analysis
- A working knowledge of digital hardware design and test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic/bus analyzers (highly desired but not required)
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
Req# 1991; #LI-JV1
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled